Monday, August 31, 2009

Mmmmmmm... peach pie!

On Sunday, I made peach pies using the box of Palisade peaches we ordered.  The peaches are so delicious! They have such a wonderul flavor, and I know they will be great in pies...


I learned how to peel peaches.  It was easy.  I just boiled them for thirty seconds, iced them, and the outside came right off.

The recipe was easy... just five ingredients for the filling (peaches, sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon).
I ended up with five pies.  I cooked one for Sunday evening and then I froze the other four.


Here is the link for the recipe I used:

My only complaint is that the pie was pretty runny. I added a half of a cup of cornstarch to the other four pies to thicken up the filling, so hopefully they are perfect. Runny or not, the pie was SO YUMMY!

No comments: