Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Steven's First Day of School

Today was Steven's first day of school at the St. Thomas More Parent's Day Out program.   Steven is in a class one day a week for four hours with other kids his age.  It is only five minutes from home and we love that it is part of a Catholic church.  I can't believe he is old enough for his "first day of school!"
Here are some pictures from the big day...
Here he is getting his backpack ready to go:
Daddy wanted to try on Steven's backpack:
Mommy and her big boy pose for a quick picture before the first day of school:
When I dropped him off, he didn't cry at all, but apparently some tears were shed about 30 minutes after I left.  It is the first time I have ever left Steven with people he doesn't know, so I am sure it was scary.  However, he had a great day and is still talking about his "nice teachers" and his friends at school.  It is going to be a great experience for him... plus Mommy will be able to get some work done while he is away.  I am so proud of my big boy!
Here is Steven's first picture from his new class:
He earned a cookie after a long first day.  Yeah for Steven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, already two and going to school. Oma send lots of love and kisses and a few tears, but it's ok, Steven can't see. Love you big boy. LOVE you lots and lots and lots more. Oma

Charity Smith said...

Thanks, Oma.
By the way... as another positive note, he made it through his first day of class without any accidents. Woo-hoo!

I am so proud of my boy!