November 30th is the first Sunday of Advent. This is my favorite season of the liturgical year. For those of you who don't know what Advent is, I will give you a quick description (thanks to Wikipedia for some of the details)...
Advent is the first season of the liturgical year and it is the four weeks before Christmas. The purpose of Advent is two-fold:
- It is the period of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ (Christmas).
- It is a time when we are supposed to reflect upon the second coming. The reading from the Gospel of Mark today has an important message: "Take heed, watch; for you do not know when the time will come". (Mark 13:33).

Happy Advent to you all!
May the anticipation of the holiday season be as wonderful as Christmas!
3 comments:
hey- check your email, I sent you a nice advent resource (I like it anyway)...it may be a bit too hippy for you:)
-Q
I was going to still light the candles, but our Advent Wreath broke. :(
happy Advent to you all too- what a great way to prepare for Christmas!
Post a Comment