Each year we have a themed Thanksgiving. This year we had to come with a bug costume. I cannot believe that we celebrated Steven's second Thanksgiving - time goes by so quickly! It was so much fun this year because he was actually old enough to enjoy the desserts and the great dinner. He played with his Oma and Opa, he learned how to get whatever he wanted from his aunts and uncles, and he made some new friends.
We are so thankful to have such amazing family and friends who make the holidays so special.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some pictures from the big day:
Here is a picture of the ladybug and bee cookies that I made and decorated from scratch - I even made the colored frosting. :-)
I was a bedbug for the festivities and Steven was a June bug.
The back of his costume is a cape with the month of June on it.
Oma, the praying mantis, and her favorite little June bug pose for a picture.
Steven tried to attack his Daddy, the deer fly, several times that day.
Our good friends Kendall and Sarah (the Beetle and the love bug) with their ladybug granddaughter, Bailey Mae.
Kristin and her cute baby girl had a fun day!
Steven couldn't quite figure out Bailey Mae. She wanted to play with him all day. :-)
Steven loved playing with his ANT Ishi that day. Ishi's costume was my favorite!
Uncle Q, the firefly, Steven, and his Opa were being silly most of the day.
Matt and Kristin Gallagher, the Draggin' Queen and the butterfly. Good costumes, you two! :-)
A family photo next to Magic the Antelope.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you updated your blog! First, I had a bit of an Aneurism when I saw your Christmas countdown...better get crackin'! I love the themed T-day pics..I have never heard of themes for T-day! It was fun to see what people did...and the June bug..very clever :) Steven is such a cutie! However...what's up with Matt's beard? Is that for manly mountain men hunting or something?? :)
Post a Comment