Anyone who has been pregnant more than once can probably relate to this post...
With baby #1 (Steven), I could tell you how far along I was to the day. I knew my due date better than I knew my birthday and I could have given you the exact countdown until Steven was supposed to arrive. Well, after having an induction 10 days AFTER my due date, I have realized that it's just a day - it doesn't mean ANYTHING.
With that lesson learned, I entered into pregnancy #2 with a different attitude. I actually forget my due date and I have to look it up for doctor appointments and other things. When people ask me my due date, I say, "February." That's it. Just February. It could be March even. :)
Out of curiosity, I just checked my due date on an online calendar, and this is what it said:
"This is day number 213 and you're 30 weeks pregnant! You have 67 days or 10 weeks left, and are 76.1% of the way there. You are due on 2/19/2010." I think the first time around, I checked this site every day to see the percentage increase. I must have had WAY too much time on my hands (and the math nerd in me liked to see percentages). Now, I have a toddler and no time to think! I didn't even know I was over 75% of the way there. Are you kidding me?!?! I only have 10 more weeks of the "easy" life. :)
People tell me that two kids is a whole different world, and although I am excited, I get nervous about the chaos that will soon take over my days. Hopefully Matt is ready for many emotional breakdowns. :)
I am asked frequently by friends and family if this pregnancy is different from the first, and here are some things I've noticed:
- Steven was a stubborn mover when I was pregnant with him. He only moved during certain times during the day and he would always STOP kicking as soon as someone tried to feel him. Little stinker - he is still that way. This baby, on the other hand, is a wild thing! I feel him/her all day long. The baby even let Steven feel a kick the other morning (so cute - Steven had his hand on my tummy and then said "Oh! The baby!").
- I am not carrying this baby the same way, but I think it is because I have already stretched out the ol' abdomen muscles. The poor things just aren't as tight as they used to be. *sigh*
We are waiting to find out the sex of the baby. At first I was like 90% sure it was a boy, but now I'm not quite as certain. After watching my sisters bring two more boys into this world, and after seeing my mom with five grandSONS, I am starting to lean toward team pink... just a little. I still think the baby is a boy, but a girl could be fun, too. We do have a girl name ready to go (Charlotte), but boy names are harder for us. We do have a few we like, but I am fickle and change my mind easily. If our newest name makes it the next two months, then we are set.
So there is an update for anyone who reads this thing. Kids are awesome, so I know it will be amazing to bring another one into the world, but for now, I am happy to be just 76.1% of the way there. :)
1 comment:
Great update! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left... Crazy! I am hoping for a little Charlotte. I want to buy some cute little girl clothes.
Post a Comment