Sunday, October 3, 2010

Crawling all over the place!

I was so excited when Grant first started to crawl.  As a six-month-old baby, he was mobile.  It began as an army crawl-regular crawl hybrid, but it has quickly transformed to the normal crawling pose... and he is fast!



I was really looking forward to this milestone because I envisioned this wonderful day in which Grant and Steven would move around together, play together, and give me some time to work and clean the house.  Wrong!  What was I thinking, right?  I have already been through this once before, and I learned with Steven that every new milestone meant even more work - not less!  The same thing is happening with Grant.  While it is a joy to watch him creep and scurry across the living room, it also means that I have to watch him... non-stop!  If there is anything small, pointy, or dangerous on the floor, he is definitely going to find it.  What is it with babies and their eagle eyes?  And why after an intense round of vacuuming, can he still find clutter on the floor?  It is mind-boggling.  So Grant crawls, and I watch. 


His latest discovery is the dogs' water dish.  He found it two weeks ago, and he loves to splash and play in the water. 



He escapes, too.  I'll walk away for just a few minutes, and before I know it, he is outside, in a bedroom, hiding under the desk or kitchen table - my daily routine includes at least three attempts to find Grant!

While it is more work to keep my eyes on this fast-moving child, I am really enjoying his progress!  When he moves from one location to another, he usually looks up at me and smiles.  I can see that he is proud of his accomplishments, and I am proud of him, too!

Keep on crawling, buddy.  Before we are ready, you'll be walking!  Gulp...

No comments: