Tonight while carving pumpkins with Steven (pictures coming soon!), I learned three things about him. Well, actually I already knew these three things, but they were confirmed as we worked on our pumpkins together as a family.
- Steven has an incredible memory.
While carving the first pumpkin, he looked at me and said, "Remember that time we carved pumpkins with Shantelle?"
Ummmmm... what?!?! We carved pumpkins with the Mulliniks family last Halloween, and we haven't talked about it since then. So my three-year-old boy remembered an evening from his two-year-old Halloween. How cool is that! I am always amazed by the abilities of the human brain at such a young age. This kid remembers everything! - Steven is a major perfectionist.I thought I was bad, but he puts me to shame!
He would remove the pumpkin seeds slowly and carefully and he made sure to pick out the pattern for his pumpkin (it HAD to be a T-rex). He likes to do everything by himself, and since he is such a perfectionist, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to complete a task. However, he does a great job and he doesn't get frustrated. - Steven is a clean freak.
I think he washed his hands at least four times during the pumpkin carving process. If those icky strands of sticky pumpkin ended up on his hands and arms, he would race to the restroom to rid his body of the messy pumpkin goo. I was squishing the pumpkin innards (ewww) in my hands and Steven said, "Don't do that. You're getting it on me. That's not nice." Okay, kid, okay! I won't get you messy. Sheesh! :) At least I know he won't be the boy walking around school with boogers and germs on his hands.
It was a fun night and I loved watching my little boy's personality shine!
No comments:
Post a Comment