Friday, May 16, 2008

What happened the year Matt and I were born (1980):

In 1980 (the year you were born)
Jimmy Carter is president of the US (Boo! What a mess!)

Ronald Reagan is elected the 40th US president in a sweeping victory (Yes! Much better!)

Hewlett-Packard announces release of its first personal computer (Good for Matt the computer nerd and for me the blogging, board surfing addict)

Microsoft announces their version of UNIX, Xenix

Christina Ricci, Chelsea Clinton, Jessica Simpson, Macaulay Culkin, and Jake Gyllenhaal are born (Who is Jake Gyllenhaal? I just Googled him...the Brokeback Mtn, Zodiac, Jarhead guy)

Philadelphia Phllies win the World Series (Who cares?)

Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl XIV (I bet I can't even name one player from this team. Maybe Matt can name a few.)

The Empire Strikes Back is the top grossing film (I am not a Star Wars fan.)

"Lady" by Kenny Rogers spends the most time at the top of the US charts (Good song)

2 comments:

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

And the most important event..... Keith Sano was born. Ahh, 80 was a good year, wasn't it.

Charity Smith said...

True, Keith. No children of the 70s here. :-)