Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grant is two months old!

Where has the time gone?  I cannot believe that Grant is already two months old.  I must say that these have been some of the greatest weeks of my life.  There is something so amazing and wonderful in having multiple children to whom I can give my energy, love, and time.  It has been draining and I am tired most of the time, but I am also in awe of the little lives developing before my eyes.  Steven is still a perfect big brother and I am so proud of him and his transition from an only child to a brother.  Grant is a sweet, calm, happy baby who graces us with his beautiful smile throughout the day.

Grant had his two month appointment yesterday and he is growing fast!  He is 11 pounds, 4 ounces (getting close to doubling his birth weight of 6 pounds 13 ounces) and 24.5 inches (5 inches longer than when he was born).  As far as sleep is concerned, I am very happy to say that Grant is a champion. He goes to bed around 7:00pm, and his first stretch lasts 7 to 9 hours, followed by another 4 hours before he wakes up for the day. It is wonderful! He stays in his bed for 12 hours and he only wakes up once to drink a little milk.


Grant is making all kinds of noises, he smiles and laughs, and he is an expert at propping himself up while on his tummy.  Grant is rolling and starting to discover his little hands.  He is such a special little boy!
 
 

Grant loves to watch his mobile in his crib.  What a happy boy!

Mommy and her boy cheer for the Rockies!

No comments: