Friday, September 10, 2010

Yes, he really is this cute!

Grant is AWESOME! No really... he is. It is crazy to think that he has only been a member of our family for six months, but he has undoubtedly entered our home and our hearts. Plus, he brings with him all sorts of noises, smiles, and funny faces. We love this boy!

He has been an easy baby. Grant has slept through the night for months (and by sleeping through the night, I mean he goes to bed at 7pm, briefly stirs only once for a small meal before drifting back to sleep, and then stays in bed until 6:45am), he has two teeth that haven't disrupted his sleep or ruined his moods, he enjoys eating baby food, and he laughs and smiles when he is awake.

While he is a content little kid, he also has a STRONG personality. He likes to yell at Steven and the dogs, and he doesn't like to sit still or be held in one position for long. When I put him down on the ground, he sits for a few seconds, and then quickly throws himself forward so he can crawl and move. When I hold him, he twists, turns, and pushes at my arms because he wants to face out or he wants down. There is no holding this kid back!

I love, love, love the stage he is at right now (I think I say this at every stage, but this time I mean it!) because he interacts with all of us and I can tell that he understands a lot of what I say. We are doing baby signs with him, and even though I am not as consistent with the signs as I was with Steven (it is harder with two kids and a job during the day!), I can tell that he understands a lot of them already. He signs "milk" with me and he is working on "fan" and "up." He hasn't said any words, but he loves to babble b-sounds and d-sounds.

Grant loves the water, his bath, the outdoors, and the park. It is hard to keep him in the stroller for long because he wants to move around, but he enjoys getting out of the house and traveling in the car. He has fun playing with Steven’s toys, the remote controller, and anything made of paper (letters, envelopes, bills – he loves to put them in his mouth. Do you think this excuse will work: “I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t pay my bill. My kid ate it!”).

He really likes being around other babies and kids. He will squeal at them and smile until they return the grin. Steven’s friends are his favorite targets for “pay attention to me screams.” He is a social little boy.

The last six months have been amazing, and I am so excited to see what the next six months bring.

We love you, Grant!

 


(A rare moment - sitting still - caught on camera)



(A determined face as he crawls my way)

No comments: