Tuesday, May 11, 2010

OCD in so many ways!

Not only does Steven look like me, he acts SO much like me.  It could be a first-born thing, or it could be a we-are-around-each-other-all-day-so-we-start-to-act-the-same thing.  Either way, he's my son and I'm proud of him.

One of his traits that Steven inherited from his Mommy is his organization skills (or OCD).  Don't get me wrong - I am NOT the world's cleanest person and my house isn't super organized.  However, there are a few things that I am crazy about. 

  1. My planner/calendar/Outlook to-do list - I love writing in my planner, updating the family schedule each week, and keeping my Outlook calendar color-coordinated with all of our events and my work schedule.  Every year I get excited to buy a new planner and start filling it out!

  2. My books - they used to be organized by author and by star-rating (how much I liked the book).  Now that I have a nook, this is much easier.  Technology is wonderful!

  3. My food - I like to plan meals, read cookbooks, and organize my refrigerator and my pantry.  I also like meals that represent the entire color spectrum. If a certain meal is looking too brown, I add in veggies or some sort of garnish to make my plate more beautiful.  I also MUST eat M&Ms, Skittles, jellybeans, and other color candies based off of their color.  I know the colored M&Ms don't taste differently, but I like separating them by color and then eating my least favorite colors first.  Brown is first to go and I save green and blue for last. 
The other day I gave Steven a pile of M&Ms and I left the kitchen for a minute.  When I came back, this is what I saw:


Ahh!  He is organizing them just like me!  I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Just eating them, Mommy.  I like blue the best."  Little copy-cat!  :)

(He may be a little obsessive, but he is so cute!)




In this photo it is a little harder to see the crazy OCD coming through.  Can you see it?





Well, if you didn't notice on your own, I'll explain.  If you look closely, you'll see that the color of each glass matches the color of the table.  The two red cups  are both on red boards, and the blue cup is sitting on a blue board.  He did this on his own while I was working, and when I tried to move the cups to a different spot, Steven was not happy with me.  "Mommy," he said, "put them back!" 

What can I say?  He's my boy!  :)

No comments: