Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our new little friend

We have a new "friend" in our backyard.  Well, actually we have two friends.  A male and female robin have been hanging out around our house a lot lately. 

Here is a picture of one of the birds:

At first I just thought they liked the worms in our yard, but then I noticed this:


They made a nest on our back porch!  At first they would fly away any time we went out the back door, but now they have gotten used to us and they are quite content to sit in the nest even when we are right below them.  The two birds take turns sitting on the eggs and Steven loves to go outside every morning to see if his birds are still there.

Yesterday we found bits of blue egg shells on the ground below the nest, so we should be hearing little chirps soon!  Steven is excited, so I hope he gets to see the baby robins before they fly away forever.

No comments: